The Financial and Title Services Group represents lenders, sophisticated borrowers and investors with regard to a wide range of financial, real estate title, and transactional matters.
Our partners work closely with our clients to accurately and thoroughly understand their strategic objectives. We understand that each transaction is unique and that our clients' legal representation must precisely incorporate their intentions.
We advise clients on corporate real estate financial transactions via negotiations, document drafting and closing complex real estate deals. The Financial and Title Services Group believes that it is critical that we also gain a thorough understanding of our clients' businesses so that we can most effectively represent their interests in every facet of the transaction. We provide counsel in the following areas, among others:
- Real estate finance and lending transactions;
- U.S. Small Business Administration lender and small business representation;
- Real estate aspects of financial corporate acquisitions, dispositions, and leasing;
- Lessor and lessee representation for transactions involving: office, industrial, retail and multifamily residential leases, subleases, leasehold mortgages, and build to suit leases;
- Shopping center related representation;
- Transaction due diligence, including review of title insurance policies, surveys, entitlement reports, land use approvals and environmental site assessments;
- Legal opinions related to real estate transactions and title;
- Financial transactions involving real estate portfolios.
The partners of the Financial and Title Services Group understand that real estate transactions and representations do not take place in a void. Instead, often matters involve a multitude of related real estate law disciplines including highly specialized but related practice areas, regulatory changes and economic effects. Therefore, to take into account these factors, we work closely with lawyers in the firm's litigation, commercial, default, and closings practice areas.